The Blake's House Volunteer Experience
The mission of Blake’s House is greatly supported and enhanced through the work of our volunteers. God’s work is being accomplished because of the hands and feet of His workers. We need you and your skills/interests. Whether you have one hour a day, one hour a week, or one hour a month, we can connect you with a volunteer opportunity at Blake’s House. Just call us to schedule a time to talk about your experience/interests and your availability.
- Mentor: Our mentors work as a “cord of three” to provide guidance and encouragement to their mentee so that she will develop the life skills she needs for interdependent living.
- One-on-One Tutor: With all of our residents pursuing some type of educational goal—i.e., passing the GED, preparing for college, working through a college course—we have a need for tutors in general/specific academic areas. We do our best to provide our tutors with the tools they need and simply ask them to commit to meeting at least once a week with the girl they are tutoring.
- Special Events Help: These individuals are able to pitch in extra hands around the time of special events, retreats, fundraisers, and/or mentor trainings throughout the year. The time commitment varies.
- Cleaning Crew: While our residents have household responsibilities, extra attention to details (about every three months) makes a big difference in the cleanliness of the house and health of our girls. This is a great opportunity for groups inside and out!
- Destination Crew: Pick up and/or drop off residents at appointments and church.
- Driving Coach: No formal training needed. They need drive time hours to get their license.